13 May 2009

Redundancy: Job Seeker's Allowance

As they say, "Time is money!" The longer you take to look for employment or figure out what you want to do following redundancy - the longer your income is interrupted. Although each individual's entitlement to Job Seeker's allowance can be different, it's a good idea to contact your local JobCentre Plus branch to understand your rights and entitlement (if any). With unemployment currently at 2 million and still rising, you can only imagine how long it would take to process your claim. So speak to someone at JobCentre Plus and understand your options and see if it's worth submitting a claim for job seekers' allowance. If your claim is successful, you will receive £60 in job seeker's allowance per week. When I was made redundant, it took me a little while to find that I possibly could be entitled to job seeker's allowance. I simply did not know about this government service. Although my claim was turned down because my package exceeded their criteria and my combined household income was high, I'm glad I explored my options. You could be missing out on money you may potentially be entitled to. So know your rights! Visit your local JobCentre Plus branch and see if you are entitled to compensation. Every penny helps!

Jobcentre Plus

No comments: